What makes us different
At IPG, we view our clients as collaborators in the therapy process. But effective therapy isn’t just about feeling connected to your counselor – specific techniques and skills are important too. We have a great mix of licensed experienced psychotherapists who are trained in a wide variety of special skills. Examples of some of these skills and techniques are:
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- AASECT-certified Sex Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Gottman Couples Counseling
- EMDR for help with trauma
- Emotionally Focused Treatment for couples (EFT)
- Solution Focused/Brief Therapy approaches
- Imago Couples Counseling
- Interpersonal and Psychodynamic Therapy
- Alcohol, Substance Abuse and other Addiction counseling
- Mindfulness Meditation techniques
- Attachment Theory approaches
To keep our therapists up-to-date with the latest techniques and approaches in psychotherapy, we sponsor continuing education classes for our staff several times a year. We take pride in being cutting-edge in our professional expertise and we walk with you as fellow humans on your journey: your pains and joys become ours. That’s why many of our clients stay in contact with us and continue to refer their friends and families to us long after they’ve left our doors.
Our psychotherapy and counseling mental health practice has three offices located in Highland Park, Jersey City, and Freehold, New Jersey.